When the weather starts to turn colder, there’s only one food we crave: chili. A warm, hearty bowl-full is the perfect ending to any day, especially if you can curl up next to the fireplace with it in hand to enjoy your latest show. The only thing that can make it better is a yummy slice of cornbread – so never fear, we have recipes for both!
This white chicken chili has a little bit of a kick, but if you like an even spicier dish, you can always add more cayenne pepper or a dash of paprika. But, don’t forget the cornbread has peppers too, so you might be in for a hot meal.
We cooked everything up on the Bertazzoni Italian range, which is one of our favorites and one of the most beautiful products we carry. If you want to see it in person, make sure you come into our store to check it out. You could be making your next pot of chili on it!
White Chicken Chili
• 1 TB olive oil
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
• 1 onion, chopped
• 6 cups chicken broth
• 1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
• 2 tsp. garlic powder
• 2 tsp. cumin
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
• 1 tsp. dried cilantro
• 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
• 3 15 oz. cans cannellini beans
• 1 cup shredded monterey jack or pepper jack cheese
• chopped green onion & cilantro for garnish
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and onion in oil for 4-5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
2. Stir in the chicken broth, green chiles, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, cilantro, and cayenne pepper. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Stir in the beans and simmer for 5 more minutes. Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted. Garnish with green onion and cilantro.
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise or miracle whip
• 1 4 oz. can diced green chilis
• 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
• 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
• 2 pkg. (8 1/2 oz. each) corn muffin mix
• 1 can (15 oz.) no- salt- added whole kernel corn, drained
• 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1. Mix mayo, chilies, egg whites and pepper in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and pour into a greased 8X8 baking pan.
2. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.