Our best prices and promotions of the year are happening now on Serta and Tempur-Pedic mattresses! Check out our selection here.
Get the best prices and rebates of the entire year during our Labor Day Sale!
Here are some of the deals:*
– Up to $2500 in rebates on G.E. Profile appliance packages.
-$50 mail in rebate with purchase of a Bosch dishwasher.
-$50 mail in rebate with purchase of G.E. washer/dryer sets
-Buy 3 G.E. Cafe qualifying appliances and get a dishwasher free. (with mail in rebate)
-Free 5 piece cookware set with any G.E. induction range or cooktop. (by mail)
-Up to $200 off on LG washers/dryers.
-Free box spring with any Serta iComfort mattress purchase.
-Up to $800 off Serta adjustable bases.
-50% off Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses.
-2 free cool gel memory foam pillows with mattress purchase of $799 or more.
-12 month no interest financing. O.A.C.
*See store for details.
Don’t miss out on big savings during our annual tent sale! This appliance clearance event will feature factory closeouts, floor models and scratch and dents. Broil King grills will be 40% off and Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses will be 50% off. See you there!
If you are in the market for a new mattress, chances are you feel overwhelmed by the sea of white rectangles in the showroom and confused by the choices available to you. Not to mention the fact that shopping for a mattress isn’t exactly on your list of fun things to do on a Saturday! I have been there. I feel your pain. But, here are a few tips that can make your shopping trip more fun. OK, I mean more tolerable!
10 Mattress Shopping Tips
1. TAKE YOUR TIME: A good mattress is an investment in your health and productivity so give shopping for it the time and energy it deserves. You should be ready to test your choices by lying on the beds long enough to really get a feel for them. Sitting on the edge or pushing them with your hands isn’t going to cut it! Having bed head in the showroom is the sign of a good mattress shopper.
2. COMMUNICATE: Tell your salesperson if the mattress you are shopping for will go into a master bedroom, a kids room or a guest room. If you are having sleep problems like pain, tossing and turning, feeling too hot, or noticing your partner’s motion too much-let your salesperson know so he can steer you in the right direction. Are you a side sleeper? Stomach? Back? Make sure he knows about this too. He is your new best friend and nothing is too personal! That is a lie. Some things are too personal.
3. BUDGET: Know what your budget is and then buy the best mattress that you can afford. This may come as a shock to you, but some commissioned salespeople will try to sell you a mattress that is out of your price range! That said, it doesn’t hurt to understand how the higher end mattresses feel and what makes them better. Then you can step down and save some money.
4. COMFORT: When it comes to comfort, one size doesn’t fit all. Mattress retailers define comfort as the even distribution of your body weight. When this happens you don’t have pressure points cutting off circulation to your muscles and therefore no need to toss and turn! You will have a beautiful “Aaahhhh” moment when you discover your comfort match. This epiphany should have you floating on cloud nine for the rest of the shopping trip.
5. SUPPORT: Support basically means that the materials within the mattress are keeping your spine aligned and holding you up without sagging. When you have a crater the size of the grand canyon in your bed, your back has lost it’s support! The core of a mattress can be generally categorized as innerspring, memory foam, or a hybrid of the two. Each type has it’s pros and cons so try them all unless you’re sure of your pick.
6. AUTHORIZED RETAILER: This probably seems obvious, but you shouldn’t buy your mattress from a fly-by-night pop-up shop! The big mattress manufacturers like Serta, Sealy and Tempur-Pedic all have authorized dealers that represent their brands. This means the dealer has all the support of that company behind them and you know you’ll be taken care of. Check the manufacturers’ websites for dealers in your area.
7. ADJUSTABLE FOUNDATIONS: I know this conjures up images of hospital beds and nursing homes, but wait! These bases look beautiful and you can customize the positions to exactly what you need. They are not just for reading and watching T.V. The zero gravity position takes pressure off your joints and feels amazing. If your partner is snoring, (not you of course) raising the head a bit can help. Give it a try when you’re in the showroom!
8. DON’T FORGET THE PILLOW: Worn out pillows can ruin the pure joy of a new mattress. Especially if you’ve had them since you were 5. Don’t let this happen to you! If you are truly ready to invest in better sleep, then you should consider upgrading your pillows and bedding when you purchase your new mattress. There are a variety of new and advanced pillows available today, including memory foam pillows with different models designed for every sleep position.
9. MATTRESS PROTECTOR: This is not the same as a mattress pad, which just covers the mattress and is not waterproof. As unpleasant (or disgusting) as it might sound, we all lose some moisture and skin during the night. You need a waterproof breathable protector to keep this out of your pristine mattress! Also most mattress warranties are voided if there are any stains on the mattress, including those from water.
10. COMFORT EXCHANGE POLICY: Many stores will let you exchange your mattress after 30 days if you don’t like it. Hopefully, if you’ve done everything else right, you won’t need to take advantage of this! It’s just nice to know you have it.
Good luck finding the perfect mattress and getting the sleep you deserve!
When my husband Todd and I bought Duerden’s about 3 years ago it completely rocked my world. I had been a stay at home mom to my two girls and suddenly I was not only living and breathing appliances and mattresses, but I was learning how to be a business partner with my husband!
Throughout the years as we have needed to replace different appliances or mattresses in our homes, I’ve always dreaded the whole shopping experience . Appliances seemed like mysterious, EXPENSIVE pieces of equipment that I thought were boring. I didn’t care HOW they worked, I just needed to know that they DID work and that I could get the laundry done and whip up some mac & cheese in the least amount of time possible. I never felt like the salespeople cared about what I actually needed or knew enough to explain the products to me. And don’t get me started on mattresses! I knew I’d be dealing with a pushy salesperson who wanted to go on and on about coils and foam and then charge me WAY too much. But I gritted my teeth and endured those shopping trips, hoping that I wouldn’t have to do it again for another 10 years!
Now that I am on the other end of this scenario, I have learned a few things. As a wife and mom who actually does all the laundry and cooking in our home, and now as a retailer of appliances and mattresses, I know what is important to you. In this partnership Todd is the ultimate product expert and I am the one who will give you a woman’s perspective on how to make informed decisions about your appliances and mattresses. I’m excited to share what I have learned with you!