Is there anything better than a warm, hearty meal on a crisp fall evening? Well, there are probably a few things, but not many! This beef stroganoff recipe is simple, fast, and addicting – you’ll be wanting to make it every night of the week! So don’t wait! Pick up some egg noodles and mushrooms and get started.
We made this dish on the GE Profile Series 36″ Induction Cooktop and it was great to not have to deal with the heat of a gas cooktop along with the steam rising from the meat and boiling water. If anything splashed out of the pan, it was easy to clean up both during and after cooking. To learn more about induction cooking and the differences between various types of cooktops, check out our post on 4 Reasons to Go With Induction Cooking.
This recipe makes 4-6 servings for the whole family, depending on how much you heap into a bowl – and we think you’ll want a big helping of this yummy beef stroganoff!
• 1 1/2 lbs. beef sirloin cut into thin strips
• 2 TB flour
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 3 TB butter
• 3 TB vegetable or olive oil
• 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1 clove garlic
• 1 bag egg noodles
• 1/4 tsp paprika
• dash of pepper
• 3 TB butter
• 3 TB flour
• 1 can (10.5 oz) beef broth
• 1 cup sour cream
• 4 TB burgundy (or more broth)
2. Coat strips of beef with mixture of 2 TB flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp paprika, and dash of pepper in plastic ziplock bag. Brown beef quickly in butter and oil and remove from skillet.
3. Add remaining 3 TB butter to skillet with 3 TB flour and blend. Stir in broth and cook, stirring over medium heat until thickened. Return meat, mushrooms and onion mixture to skillet. Stir in sour cream and burgundy (or broth). Heat thoroughly and simmer to thicken sauce to desired creaminess. Serve immediately.